IMPORTANT NOTICE - GUEST FEES
When playing a guest, members MUST:
- Select "GUEST £5" as the playing partner/opponent to show on the booking sheet.
- The system will automatically charge the £5 Guest Fee to your booking system account by adding the Guest Fee to the booking fee already paid.
- If you're no longer playing a Guest, you can change your playing partner/opponent to a member, and the court fee will automatically revert to the normal rate (and your account will be credited)
- This can be done when you book the court or any time before playing.
- If you forget to select Guest as the playing partner/opponent before playing, then please be sure to use the facility to "TransferCredit" (£5) to the Guest account on this system.
- Guests may only play with a member.
- No guest may play more than 6 time a year.
- The member must ensure the guest signs the Visitor's Book.
- The Committee may assume a member is playing a guest if no other partner/opponent has been selected and shown on the booking sheets. In this case, the Committee may charge the £5 Guest Fee to the members booking system account.
- Only one court can be booked for singles.
- On weekday evenings, doubles can only be booked on 1 hour courts and not on 2 consecutive 40-minute courts.
- Members may book a court up to 10 days in advance but not before 7am when booking 10 days prior.
- Members should select their playing partners/opponents' names to show on the booking sheets.
- Off-Peak memberships are not allowed to use courts at peak times.
- Members playing on a court that has not been booked in their name before going on the court will be asked to leave the court.
- Peak Times are Monday-Friday from 5 pm to 9 pm, and Saturdays from 10 am to 1 pm and then from 5 pm to 7 pm.
- All other times are off-peak.
- The court booking fees are shown on the booking sheets.
- Each member has an account within this booking system.
- Members must have credit in order to book a court.
- Members can credit ("top-up") their booking system accounts as follows.
- Members may purchase £10 Top-up Vouchers from the bar, and will then need to submit the voucher code when logged into the website or by using the touch screen at the club - please note you will need to know your PIN number to use the touch screen at the club.
- Online top-up with any credit or debit card. The transaction will be processed by Stripe and your account will be automatically credited. In order to keep our transaction fees down, the minimum online top-up is £20.
- Members can share booking fees by using the facility to "Transfer Credit" (to another member) when logged-in to the court booking system website. On the day when playing, the booking system will automatically send a "Booking Reminder" email to invite selected playing partners/opponents to share the booking fees paid by the member who booked the court.
Automatic Light Controls
- The court lights will automatically switch on at the reserved court time and will remain on for the duration of the booking.
- Extra minutes (at 70p per 10 minutes) can be added at the touch screen "kiosk" at the top of the stairs in the clubhouse.
- Please be sure that the time your purchase does not overlap the next reservation, which will take precedence, as charges for extra light-time are non-refundable (the touch screen will warn you if there is already a booking which overlaps the amount of time you want to purchase, but it will not stop you from purchasing overlapping light-time).
- Members must have credit in their booking system accounts in order to purchase extra light time.
- Please note you will need to know your PIN number in order to use the touch screen to purchase light time.
Cancellations & Refunds
- When unable to play, Members must cancel the reserved court as soon as possible so that the court may be used by other members.
- When the court is cancelled more than 48 hours prior to the reserved start time, the booking fee is automatically refunded as booking system credit.
- A fine of £5 will be imposed (instead of the court booking fees) when (1) a Peak-Time court is cancelled within 48 hrs of the court start time if the court is not re-booked ("late-cancellation") or when (2) the court remains booked and un-used ("no show"). However, the £5 "late-cancellation" fine is automatically refunded as soon as the same court is re-booked, so please be sure to cancel a court you can't use as soon as possible in order to give other members a chance to re-book the court.
- Members who incur a late-cancellation charge when switching courts from one peak-time to another peak-time can apply for a refund of the late-cancellation charge, but must cancel one of the bookings in order to make it available to other members.
- Un-used booking system credit is only refundable after membership resignation and subject to £5 administration fee.