How to book a court
- Only one court can be booked for singles, i.e. no 2 consecutive courts can be booked for singles.
- On weekday evenings, doubles can only be booked on 1 hour courts and not on 2 consecutive 40-minute courts.
- Members may book a court up to 10 days in advance but not before 7am each morning.
- Members should select their opponent's name to show on the booking sheets.
- Members playing on a court that has not been booked in their name before going on the court will be asked to leave the court.
- Juniors are not permitted to play during peak times.
- The court booking fees are £2.75 for 40 minutes and £4.00 for 1 hour at all times, as shown on the booking sheets
- Each member has an account within this booking system.
- Members must have credit in order to book a court.
- Members can credit ("top-up") their booking system accounts as follows.
- Members may purchase £10 Top-up Vouchers from the bar, and will then need to submit the voucher code when logged into the website or by using the touch screen at the club - please note you will need to know your PIN number to use the touch screen at the club.
- Online top-up with any credit or debit card. The transaction will be processed by PayPal and your account will be automatically credited. Please note you do not need to have a personal PayPal account, you can use any credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, etc). In order to keep our transaction fees down, the minimum online top-up is £20. Please note that if you pay with your own PayPal account and your PayPal account is linked to Direct Debit, your transaction and credit on the booking system will be delayed until PayPal processes your Direct Debit within 7 working days.
- Members can share booking fees by using the facility to "Transfer Credit" (to another member) when logged-in to the court booking system website.
Automatic Light Controls
- The court lights will automatically switch on at the reserved court time and will remain on for the duration of the booking.
- Extra minutes (at 70p per 10 minutes) can be added at the touch screen "kiosk" at the top of the stairs in the clubhouse.
- Please be sure that the time your purchase does not overlap the next reservation, which will take precedence, as charges for extra light-time are non-refundable (the touch screen will warn you if there is already a booking which overlaps the amount of time you want to purchase, but it will not stop you from purchasing overlapping light-time).
- Members must have credit in their booking system accounts in order to purchase extra light time.
- Please note you will need to know your PIN number in order to use the touch screen to purchase light time.
Cancellations & Refunds
- When unable to play, Members must cancel the reserved court as soon as possible so that the court may be used by other members.
- When the court is cancelled more than 48 hours prior to the reserved start time, the booking fee is automatically refunded as booking system credit.
- A fine of £5 will be imposed (instead of the court booking fees) when (1) a Peak-Time court is cancelled within 48 hrs of the court start time if the court is not re-booked or when (2) the court remains booked and un-used ("no show").
- Peak Times are Monday-Friday from 4pm to 9pm, and Saturdays from 11am to 1pm.
- Guests may only play with a member.
- When booking to play with a guest, the member must select "GUEST" as the opponent to show on the booking sheets.
- No guest may play more than 6 times a year.
- The member must ensure the £5 guest fee is paid on each occasion, and that the guest signs the Visitor's Book.