Our aim is to provide affordable, inclusive and high-quality junior squash. We want all our juniors to develop their game, meet new friends and, above all, have fun playing squash in a safe environment.
Joining as a junior: We offer a great value junior membership which costs just £35 for the year. This includes free Friday Group coaching in term time, England Squash membership, Insurance and the ability to book courts during off-peak hours. New prospective junior members are very welcome to join in for a free trial session before committing. Please do contact our Head Coach, Zeb Young, or one of our committee members for more information.
Our Junior Programme
Our Head Coach, Zeb Young, has put in place an excellent junior programme which caters for all abilities from age 5 upwards and consists of regular junior group coaching and access to competitive squash. He is also supported by an outstanding coaching team – all England Squash Coach qualified, CRB checked and with appropriate safeguarding training.
Junior Group Coaching: We have two dedicated junior group sessions lead by one of our fully qualified coaches. We split our juniors into 3 ability groups (bronze, silver and gold) to ensure that the coaching is tailored to their squash development needs. Each bronze, silver and gold session lasts 60 minutes.
- Friday Group Coaching - this takes place from 5pm to 7pm during term times and is provided free of charge as part of the junior membership.
- Sunday Group Coaching - this takes place from 11am to 1pm. The Sunday Group coaching session cost just £5.50 for junior members.
All juniors must be members to take part in the coaching (this is important for insurance reasons). Juniors will also need to wear suitable eye protection and have non-marking trainers.
Junior Competitive Squash: Our aim is to provide opportunities to play competitively against similar standard juniors to develop their squash, meet new friends and, above all, have fun!
- West Kent Junior Box Leagues - Juniors play all of their box matches in one monthly session at one of the participating clubs. Open to players of all abilities.
- Junior Squash Team - we operate at least one junior team in the Kent Junior Club leagues who play against other clubs throughout Kent.
- Tournaments - many of our best juniors compete in England Squash sanctioned events in Kent, Surrey, Sussex and nationally.